The BEST Dog Treats from Global Pet Expo
Pet lifestyle expert Serena Faber-Nelson is the founder of Pretty Fluffy. A contributor to Everyday with Rachael Ray, Modern Dog Magazine, Cesars Way and more; her modern, stylized take on DIY dog treats has seen her recipes viewed millions of times over.
Serena is the author of the go-to dog mom bible, Dog Mama, and the popular dog treat recipe book, Healthy Homemade Dog Treats.
Looking for a fab new dog treat? The world’s largest pet industry trade show, Global Pet Expo was last month in Orlando, Florida. We asked our friend and pet industry PR pro, Kerry Sutherland (founder of K. Sutherland PR, a boutique public relations agency headquartered in southern California) to share some insights from the show with you! Take it away Kerry…
Spanning more than 13 football fields, literally thousands of innovative, stylish and practical pet products are showcased at Global Pet Expo each year. Everything you can imagine for pets, and even a few products that make you scratch your head are at this industry event. Retailers from around the world attend to fill their stores with the latest and greatest products for pet lovers like us!
Looking for a new winter coat for your dog? Easy.
How about a new fish tank, birdcage, cat tower or doghouse? No problem.
Costumes, or even pet paint for an upcoming party? You bet!
Pet travel accessories, health and veterinarian aids and supplements, grooming products or toys? Check, check and check!
All I can say is attending Global Pet Expo is, well, quite a treat!
And, with that in mind (and because I know Pretty Fluffy readers enjoy indulging their pups with delicious yummies), I thought I’d share with you my TOP Dog Treats from the show. Bone-appetite!
1. Innovative pet lifestyle brand, nootie™ introduced their new line of treats – yumZies™. These natural soft-moist, grain-free treats for dogs are made with real chicken as the number one ingredient, and contain omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to help support healthy skin and a healthy coat, and each flavor is free of wheat, corn and soy to ensure easy digestion. Available in four unique, natural flavors: Hickory Bacon, Barbeque Chicken, Peanut Butter and Cheese, they are also offered in a mini size, perfect for training aids and smaller breeds.
Price: $7.99 CLICK TO BUY
2. Alright Pretty Fluffy fans, I know how much you enjoy making your own doggie treats… Well, Fido’s Cookies has made it easier than ever! Their “Make Your Own Cookies” is a great interactive family activity and you have the freedom to add any and every ingredient your pet loves. They are all natural, and available in a variety of sizes.
Price: Starting at $6.99 CLICK TO BUY
3. Pack ‘N Pride is 100% “good stuff”! This new line of treats was introduced at the show, and I’ve got to say – I was impressed! Their line of premium, all-natural, 100% antibiotic free treats are available in Chick Chick Hooray!, Get Ducky!, and Pork Please! Bonus: their branding was designed by a graphic artist who has previously worked with one of my favorite fashion brands: Tory Burch! Look out for these new kids on the block popping up online soon.
4. These Pork Liver Freeze-Dried Treats by Stewart® are made of 100% pure raw pork liver that is conveniently diced into reward-sized bites. Available in beef, chicken and now pork, all of Stewart’s® liver treats are made from human-grade proteins.
Price: $8.49 CLICK TO BUY
5. Finally, Halo also introduced their newest treat flavor at the show – Spot’s Chew® Dental Chews – Nutty Banana. Packed full of antioxidants from natural sources like Pomegranate, Beta Carotene, Chia and Mixed Topherols, this peanut-based formula cleans teeth and freshens breath. Spot’s Chews are highly digestible and low in fat.
Price: $9.99 CLICK TO BUY
Want more goodies from Global Pet Expo? Kerry is back tomorrow with her favourite pet products.