Fruity Frozen Treat Recipe For Dogs: 3 Ingredient ‘Tropical Punch’
So simple, so delicious and 100% share-able!
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
Pet lifestyle expert Serena Faber-Nelson is the founder of Pretty Fluffy. A contributor to Everyday with Rachael Ray, Modern Dog Magazine, Cesars Way and more; her modern, stylized take on DIY dog treats has seen her recipes viewed millions of times over.
Serena is the author of the go-to dog mom bible, Dog Mama, and the popular dog treat recipe book, Healthy Homemade Dog Treats.
When the weather gets warmer, our ‘Tropical Punch’ frozen treat recipe for dogs will have your pup howling for more!
Super easy to make with only 3 ingredients – they’re yummy, healthy and guaranteed to be a hit on a hot summer’s day.
Combining three delicious fruity ingredients, these frozen dog treats are not only scrumptious, you can even share them with your dog too.
3 Ingredient ‘Tropical Punch’ Fruity Frozen Treat Recipe For Dogs
250ml Coconut Milk (100% Organic)
Ice Cube Trays (we love these ones!)
How to make our frozen treat recipe for dogs:
1. Wash mango under cold running water. Slice the mango into cubes ensuring to remove all the skin and stone. Ensure the stone is discarded entirely as a swallowed mango stone can get stuck in a dog’s digestive tract.
2. Wash pineapple under cold running water. Roughly slice the pineapple into small pieces, ensuring to cut off and discard the skin, central core and ends.
3. Combine coconut milk, mango and pineapple pieces in blender and blend until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until frozen through.
5. When frozen, remove from ice cube trays and store in labeled Ziploc bags in freezer.
- Makes approximately 20 treat cubes.
- For the best health and safety benefits, always opt for fresh fruits over canned or packaged varieties.
- Did you know? As well as being a tasty treat, the natural enzymes in mangoes have been shown to help dogs with arthritis.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
Want more frozen treat recipes for dogs?
Looking for more frozen dog treat recipes?
This recipe was originally published in our best selling eBook ‘Frozen – 30 Fresh & Fruity Dog Treat Recipes Your Pup Will Love!’
From pupsicles, to biscuits, smoothies, winter warmers and everything in between, ‘Frozen’ is packed with a tantalising variety of dog treats for every season.
Including fresh + fun photography, easy step-by-step instructions, handy hints, nutritional info and more, your pup will fall in love with our healthy and tasty flavour combinations that guarantee full tummies, and happy doggie smiles.
Why frozen? That’s where the magic comes in. The 30 recipes you’ll find within the pages of our eBook are possibly the quickest and easiest dog treats you’ll ever make – yet their superfood ingredients pack a punch. You can literally whip most of them up in less than a few minutes.
Grab your very own copy of ‘Frozen – 30 Fresh & Fruity Dog Treat Recipes Your Pup Will Love!’ here.
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pick of the Week
It's the pawfect treat for your pooch that even has their name on it.