DIY Dog Christmas Ornament: Dog Treat Bauble
Fun & festive dog treat baubles with a pawsonal touch.
Katy and Shell are two style-savvy dog mums celebrating the best in pet-friendly living. A professional pet photographer and dog lifestyle writer, together they share dog-friendly inspiration, pet product reviews, dog treat recipes, expert pet advice and on-trend dog brands with discerning pet parents around the world.
Looking for a fun DIY dog Christmas ornament to spoil your pup with this year? Try this adorable dog treat bauble!
Filled with tasty dog treats and decorated with your dog’s photo, they’re delicious and paws-itively delightful.
We just love the idea of homemade Christmas ornaments inspired by your love for your pooch!
Ready to channel your inner Santa Paws? Follow the steps below to make your very own dog treat baubles.
DIY Dog Christmas Ornament: Festive Dog Treat Bauble
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Plastic fillable baubles (plenty available on Amazon)
- Tassels to fit your colour scheme
- Photo paper (5×5 or 6×4 inch size)
- Gift tags (we used these cute wooden ones!)
- Assorted dog treats (see our dog treat notes below!)
- Glue gun
- Print a photo of your dog (or all the dogs you’re gifting) on to photo paper (we used 5×5 inch paper, though standard 6×4 is fine. Depending on the size of your bauble tag, you might need to reduce the size of your image so your pup’s face fits nicely.)
- Fill the baubles with your dog treats.
- Once you’ve filled your bauble, close it and attach your ribbon. Set aside.
- Place the tag on top of your dog’s photo, ensuring their face fits within the tag. Draw around the tag, then cut around the outline.
- Now, go ahead and glue the cut-out photo to the tag.
- Attach the photo tag to the ribbon, along with your chosen tassel.
- Hang on your tree, or gift to your dog-loving friends!
- For a little extra sparkle, you can add a glittery initial to your bauble!
- Use a glue gun to write the letter, then sprinkle with your favourite coloured glitter. If (like ours) your glue gun sets instantly, you’ll need to sprinkle fast.
Tips on dog treats to fill the baubles
If you love to support small pet businesses, filling your dog treat baubles with a variety of treats from different brands is a fun way to do just that.
Plus, all the colours and textures from the mixed up treats enhances the decoration of the bauble. Double-win!
You can see a list of the Australian dog treat brands we included below.
Dog treat brands we used:
Prefer to make your own homemade dog treats?
Check out our healthy DIY dog treat recipes for all the inspiration you need!
Before you go…! Don’t miss these related articles:
Before you go…!
Don’t miss these related articles:
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!