DIY & Recipes
Readers Favourite: No-Bake Coconut Dog Treats Recipe
Scrumptious and shareable, you and your pup are going to LOVE these no bake coconut dog treats!
Pet lifestyle expert Serena Faber-Nelson is the founder of Pretty Fluffy. A contributor to Everyday with Rachael Ray, Modern Dog Magazine, Cesars Way and more; her modern, stylized take on DIY dog treats has seen her recipes viewed millions of times over.
Serena is the author of the go-to dog mom bible, Dog Mama, and the popular dog treat recipe book, Healthy Homemade Dog Treats.
Did you know our no bake coconut dog treats are one of the most popular dog treat recipes ever on Pretty Fluffy?!
When you think about it though, it’s really not hard to see why:
1. No bake dog treats are everyone’s favourite because they are so delicious, and SO easy to make.
2. Basically everyone’s coconuts for coconuts, right?
But the benefits don’t end there.
This irresistible no bake dog treat recipe sees pups and dog parents everywhere go crazy because…*drum roll please*…they are totally shareable!
Which is amazing news for us hardworking dog mums (well, if you’re capable of sharing that is – these coconutty treats are pretty scrumptious!)
With just 4 ingredients and 4 easy to follow steps, your dog will be chowing down in coconut town in no time.
No Bake Coconut Dog Treat Recipe
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
2-3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/3 Cup Finely Shredded Coconut
1. Add coconut oil, peanut butter and rolled oats to food processor and mix until well combined.
2. Scoop out bite sized pieces with a spoon and roll into little balls.
3. Toss each ball gently in the finely shredded coconut until well coated.
4. Place on a flat tray lined with baking paper, refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
* Makes approximately 20 treats.
* If the mixture is too dry or wet simply add extra oats or coconut oil to correct.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
Want more fun & easy homemade dog treat recipes?
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season!
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!