Valentine’s with Dogs: 5 Minute DIY Dog Valentine
Because dog Valentines make the BEST Valentines.
Pet lifestyle expert Serena Faber-Nelson is the founder of Pretty Fluffy. A contributor to Everyday with Rachael Ray, Modern Dog Magazine, Cesars Way and more; her modern, stylized take on DIY dog treats has seen her recipes viewed millions of times over.
Serena is the author of the go-to dog mom bible, Dog Mama, and the popular dog treat recipe book, Healthy Homemade Dog Treats.
Ever had one of those Valentine’s Days when you’ve completely forgotten to organise anything? Yep, us too!
So to save you tears on February 14th, here is a favourite quick fix that doesn’t involve flowers from the service station – the 5 MINUTE DIY DOG VALENTINE!
It’s easy, inexpensive and utterly adorable.
To start, grab your favourite four legged friend and follow our fun and easy instructions below.
How to Make Your 5 Minute DIY Dog Valentine
- 1 x sheet red or pink cardboard
- 1 x ruler
- 1 x pencil or white marker
- 1 x scissors or paper cutter
- 1 x round Cake tin
1. Trace two circles using the cake tin to make the top of the heart.
2. Rule two lines to complete heart shape.
3. Cut out heart using scissors or paper cutter.
4. Cut cross in the centre of the heart shape using paper cutter.
5. Slip safely over your dog’s head. Ensure it causes no discomfort to your dog.
* If you don’t have a cake tin, use a vase or similar circular object. Try to get something close to your dog’s head size.
* When cutting out the heart, try to cut around the straight lines to make a more organic heart shape.
* If you don’t have a paper cutter, gently fold the heart to cut the cross in the centre with scissors.
Creative ways to use your DIY dog Valentine
* Use your photo to create a personalised E-card
* Take a pic of your pooch with your phone and send a surprise doggie Valentine text!
* Use your dog valentine as a Maître d’ for your very own Valentine’s Brunch.
More cute DIY dog Valentine ideas
If you simply can’t resist an adorable photo op with your pup, you’ll love our fun and free DIY Valentine’s Day photo booth props – perfect for making love-filled happy snaps with your furry Valentine!
Whether it’s whipping up some easy homemade Valentine’s Day dog treats, making a DIY dog Valentine’s gift or treating them to one of these stylish Valentine’s Day gifts for dogs, we hope your day is full of love and making special memories together.
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!