Easy DIY Dog Toy for Christmas: Holiday Doggy Donuts
Looking for a cute and crafty Christmas gift for your dog? Do-nut look any further!
Sarah is a designer, photographer, pet lifestyle expert, health & animal advocate, wife, and devoted dog mom (humble servant) to her loving Shih Tzu, Coco Bean.
Since joining the Pretty Fluffy team in 2012, Sarah writes feature articles on dog treat recipes, dog DIYs, dog lifestyle tips and designed the “52 Weeks of Treats,” and “Frozen” eBooks, authored by Pretty Fluffy founder Serena Faber Nelson.
Oh so cute and festive, these Holiday Doggy Donuts are a super quick and easy DIY dog toy that is sure to win over your pup!
As much as I love this nifty DIY dog toy, sadly I cannot take credit for thinking up the idea!
When my Coco was just a pup, we went to my grandparents house for a visit. We didn’t have any dog toys with us to keep her busy and she quickly became bored. My grandpa, being the sweet man he is, went to his bedroom and came out with a sock.
Within seconds he made her a donut toy and she didn’t put it down the rest of the visit. Six years later, out of all the toys in her bin, she still loves the simple sock donut. Thanks, grandpa!
So if you’re looking for easy homemade dog toys to keep your pup busy over the festive season, these dog donut toys are it.
They also make a great DIY dog Christmas gift for friends or family with a fur baby at home.
DIY dog toy ideas really don’t get easier or more adorable than this. Enjoy!
DON’T MISS: 15 DIY Dog Christmas Gifts for Dogs & Dog Lovers
Easy DIY Dog Toy for Christmas: Holiday Dog Donut Toy
2 Pair of Holiday Themed Socks (you can find these at the dollar store!)
2 Pair of thick socks (optional, depending on thickness of holiday socks)
Needle & Thread (optional)
Paper & Printer for Gift Tags (download the gift tags below!)
Ribbon for Garnish
Makes 4 x dog donut toys. You can package all 4, or split them in half for 2 gifts!
- Cut the tip off of all 8 socks so that they each have openings on both ends.
- If your holiday sock is long and on the thicker side, as opposed to a thin shorter sock, then you can skip the plain sock. The plain sock is just for added bulk.
- Begin rolling the plain sock inward, just like a sock bun. Once you have the donut formed, place the opening of the holiday sock around the donut and begin rolling over it until it is completely covered. You should now have a good size holiday donut.
- You’re nearly done! To secure the sock from unrolling, take your needle and thread and do a quick stitch around the hem of the sock. If you have a dog that isn’t an aggressive chewer, you can skip this step.
- Add some gift tags and garnish with ribbon.
Free Gift Tag Download: Holiday Doggy Donuts
The final touch to this cute and easy DIY dog toy is of course an adorable gift tag!
Looking for the best quality dog toys?
Whether you’re searching for a functional dog toy, dog puzzle or enrichment toy, the Dog Lovers Directory is your go-to guide for the best quality dog products, hand-picked by us and sure to wow.
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pick of the Week
It's the pawfect treat for your pooch that even has their name on it.