Trending: Our Favourite Luxury Dog Accessories Right Now
Fierce, fresh and fun. These are the must-have luxury dog wares your pupper needs right now.
Pet lifestyle expert Serena Faber-Nelson is the founder of Pretty Fluffy. A contributor to Everyday with Rachael Ray, Modern Dog Magazine, Cesars Way and more; her modern, stylized take on DIY dog treats has seen her recipes viewed millions of times over.
Serena is the author of the go-to dog mom bible, Dog Mama, and the popular dog treat recipe book, Healthy Homemade Dog Treats.
We like dogs. We like nice things. We also like our dogs to have nice things.
With that said, let’s take a look at the pet trends and luxury dog accessories we are loving this year!
Every year pet trends come and go, but the past few years have seen an explosion of colour and innovation in designer dog products – and this year has been especially amazing.
We can easily see the stunning trends of this year carrying us forward through many, many years of stylish pet friendly living.
DON’T MISS: 20 Best Ceramic Dog Bowls For Your Pup in 2023
Pet Trends We’re Loving Right Now
- Feminism, fair-trade and activism. As a card carrying feminist (I named my daughter Emmeline after all), and humanitarian, it’s great to see the dog world embracing female designers, local artisans, fair trade sourcing and eco friendly materials. I’m loving that so many of the below picks are designed by women, made by women, and owned by women.
- Variations of pink surviving the over-saturation of blush of previous years. I still heart blush big time, so I’m glad to see fairy floss pinks, pinky-clay taupes, nudes and other sugary hues staying strong in luxe dog products.
- Monochrome. It’s not going anywhere. While we’re seeing it become more textured and less glossy – think canvas prints and woven materials – black and white is here to stay.
- Speaking of texture, I love that designers are including more textured materials in beds, collars, toys and leads. From boiled wool, to woven grasses, and faux furs I’m loving the extra dimension they’re offering.
- Bohemian. Burnt oranges, deep blues, earthy tones and patterns are all making a comeback.
- Brass. Step aside rose gold, brass is here to shine. With it retro charm, brass screams luxe with a timeless, approachable appeal. I’m seeing it on collars, leads, beds, carrier and tags…everywhere. And I love it.
Favourite Luxury Dog Beds
Woven Bear Dog Bed by Design Dua
This stunning basket bed is everything I’m loving about the current trends right now. Fair trade. Check – it’s handwoven by local artisans in Ghana. Texture. Check – it’s constructed from natural elephant grass and hand-dyed. Bohemian. Check – the organic patterns in your choice of bohemian hues easily makes this bed a talking piece. I also adore that this bed also comes in a size large enough for bigger dogs.
Capello Dog Bed by Mia Cara
You can’t get more textured than this luxury faux fur dog bed by Mia Cara. The great thing about animal hide and fur textures (always faux mind you!) is that they naturally blend into their surrounds and can hide a multitude of sins. This comfy bed looks designer (and is!) but it will also withstand all the slobber, fur and dirt your dog will bring.
Marron Bed by Bad Marlon
This handcrafted bed from South Korea hits the spot for any minimalist, stylish home. The clean lines of the raised felt frames and brass hardware make it the perfect statement bed for small dogs. It’s so sleek it barely even looks like a dog bed (and you know it’s a winner when you hear that!)
Favourite Luxury Dog Leads & Collars
Sorbet Leash by Notyers
This rainbow leash is pastel heaven. Hand dyed in fairy floss pink, sky blue, mint green and perfect peach hues, this soft cotton lead is everything. The sturdiness of the yarn material offsets the soft colours reminiscent of childhoods days – making it a one-of-a-kind leash that you just have to have.
Boobies Collar & Grrl Pwr Leash by SHED
With brands like the women-owned, Brooklyn-based company SHED pumping out fun, empowering and modern designs like this, our dogs can join the movement too. Made of 100% natural fair-trade hemp, and featuring solid brass hardware, this collar and lead combo is fun, fierce and feminine.
Favourite Dog Fashion & Accessories
Rainbow Sweater by Oeuf
That rainbow? How can you not love it? This 100% baby alpaca wool sweater is handmade in Bolivia by a Fair Trade women’s collective (love!) The wool is sustainable and sheared humanely – making the knit soft, luxurious, hypoallergenic and eco-friendly. Each Rainbow knit bought helps transform the lives of the women artisans and their families. And if that wasn’t enough – this baby comes in sizes XS to L.
Aloha Dog Bandana by The Foggy Dog
A staple brand favourite of ours here, the Foggy Dog’s use of Rifle Paper Co. prints in their handmade pieces makes them stand out from the pack. This bandana is no exception featuring hand painted toucans and bright florals. The whimsical designs and commitment to quality from this female owned brand makes it top of our luxury dog accessories list.
Favourite Ceramic Dog Bowls
Spike Bowls by Ware of the Dog
These high gloss ceramic dog bowls are the stuff dreams are made of. Their sleek white finish makes them perfect for minimal, monochromatic homes, while their sophisticated spikes means they’d also shine in a more layered, bohemian abode. Perfection.
Torrent Bowls by btw Ceramics
Hand crafted and hand painted, no two bowls in this porcelain collection are the same. I love the use of the black and blush splatter effect – the latter a much earthier blush than we’re used to (and one that hasn’t been oversaturated!) In full disclosure, I was provided a Torrent Bowl by LA based boutique For the Furry, and it is my go to bowl right now. I actually loved it so much I wanted to keep it for myself as a serving bowl!
Want more luxury dog accessories?
Discover the best in stylish, modern dog products and designer pet accessories at the Pretty Fluffy Dog Lovers Directory.
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!