Dogs of the Blogs
Dogs of the Blogs: Pink Pistachio
The first time I laid eyes on today’s blog I was smitten. So smitten in fact I spent an evening trawling through the archives of this wonderful site, devouring every page of its goodness! Now, before you write me off as some deranged stalker, let me tell you: when you first visit Pink Pistachio you too will be captivated. With her blog, the lovely Missy has created a warm, stylish and bubbly corner of the interwebz. From budget friendly DIYs, to super easy fashion and beauty tips, to amazing photo shoots with her equally adorable family, this is one site that leaves you feeling all warm and fuzzy. Even when first reading her comments below, I could tell that Missy’s #1 priority is to enjoy life and make every day a bit sweeter. So in an effort to make your day that little bit sweeter, let me introduce you to the gorgeous Missy and Lulu…
Who: Missy and Lulu
Where: Pink Pistachio
In A Nutshell: Making Life a Plethora of Cuteness
Why did you start blogging?
Because it’s a creative outlet and definitive way to keep me on the path of becoming better. A better me. A better wife & mother. A better friend. Just an overall better person in general. I love to give advice and share things that I’m passionate about. This is a way to share it with more than those who know me personally. If I can be of help to others all while helping my family and myself? Then sign me up.
What is your most popular blog post to date?
Penny Jar Dates. I think its popularity stems from simple ways to make time more meaningful with those we love the most. And even that can be achieved with very few pennies. A close second are LuLu’s favorite homemade dog treats that she loves to share with her boyfriend, Levi.
Tell us about Lulu…
Oh little LuLu. Where to even start. She’s a 2 year old maltizu, our little “designer” doll baby. She’s a prissy little thing with a side of tomboy (a’hem… dare I admit she hunts for bugs in the backyard?!) She’s known around the neighborhood for being exceptionally social, the little spunk who wags her tail for everyone from babies to birds. She has a major lotion-licking fetish. If it smells pretty it must taste pretty too, right? If she’s ever MIA we know exactly where to find her, burrowed under clothes in the laundry hamper (it’s that cuddly side to her that can never have too many blankies to cozy up in). Each year, on 11/11 we celebrate her birthday with some sort of themed party. And no, birthday parties aren’t just reserved for children with 2 legs. After all, she is considered our first child. My husby says it best, “If only she could be cloned for every household on the planet, everyone’s life would be happy and full.” She really is THAT kind of dog: the ones that are almost too perfect to be real.
If you had to describe Lulu in three words, you’d say….
A cuddle-bug (hence one of her nicknames: lovebug LuLu), Innocent, and Charming
How is your dog involved in your blog?
Our blog is all about our everyday life: what we eat, create, play, and love. Of course, LuLu is involved in almost all of that (whether pictured or not). However, she does like to pop her paw in now and again to let her voice be heard via writing me blog letters.
What is your idea of a perfect day?
One that’s only plan involves planning nothing. Some of the best days we’ve spent as a family are those that simple involve being together doing a whole lot of everything or nothing depending on our mood.
What is your favourite blog/website and why?
Hmm. You’ve got me stumped. I don’t spend much time on the web other than when posting for the blog. That makes me sound self-indulgent but time seems to fly faster these days. Any extra is spent taking care of my family.
What is your #1 tip for other bloggers?
Stop worrying. For whatever reason(s) bloggers put waaay too much pressure on themselves in general. Many of my readers have asked me questions like: What should I blog about? How do I gain a following? What do people like to read? yada yada. I think at the end of the day, blogging should be an outlet that’s not only about your readers but also about you. If it makes you a better person, blog it. Share it. And mean every word of it. All the anxiety related questions will all be taken care of by simply being genuinely you!
1. OPI Puppy Pawlish – If grooming LuLu myself isn’t enough, painting her nails is next on my to-do list. How ingenious is puppy pawlish? The name alone makes me teehee. Now the only obstacle is figuring out how to get her to hold still long enough for her manicure to dry…
2. Barkbox – Every month your pup will receive a box in the mail with four or more carefully selected products and presents – anything from bones and treats, to shampoos, leashes and toys! Think of it as a fruit of the month club but for doggies! Plus, a portion of the proceeds go to benefiting dogs in need.
3. Michael Kors Runway Watch – My absolute must-have accessory staple. I bought it over 2 years ago and it still adorns my wrist each and every day. It’s classic yet trendy and makes even a comfy tracksuit look more put together! (Pictured)
4. Georgetown Cupcakes – Whether we’re celebrating a birthday, holiday, or just because we want a reason to eat the best cupcakes EVER, Georgetown Cupcakes is only ding-dong delivery away. I like to think of myself as a cupcake connoisseur (I’ve eaten so many I give myself this title to ease the guilt). These are by FAR the best I’ve ever tasted. For only $29 a dozen, they come wrapped in a perfectly pink package! (Pictured)
5. Juicy Couture Dining Set – Before blogging I worked for one of my favorite companies, Juicy Couture. This puppy placemat and dog dishes is the perfect trio to royally spoil any puppy princess! (Pictured)