St Patrick’s Day Dog Friendly Brunch Menu
Your pup will be the life of the 'paddy' with this St Patrick's Day dog-friendly brunch you can both enjoy.
Sarah is a designer, photographer, pet lifestyle expert, health & animal advocate, wife, and devoted dog mom (humble servant) to her loving Shih Tzu, Coco Bean.
Since joining the Pretty Fluffy team in 2012, Sarah writes feature articles on dog treat recipes, dog DIYs, dog lifestyle tips and designed the “52 Weeks of Treats,” and “Frozen” eBooks, authored by Pretty Fluffy founder Serena Faber Nelson.
Spring is almost upon us! So to get me in a spring mood (and also in hopes of bribing spring to come a bit early) I decided to plan a healthy little St Patrick’s Day dog friendly brunch.
I have to tell you, I’m usually all about the autumn and winter months here in the states, but this year I am eagerly awaiting the delightful spring season. The vibrant shades of green, the colorful flowers and cherry blossom trees, the numerous fruits and leafy veggies that come into season, and especially all of the cute baby animals that pop up…what’s not to love?
This fresh and simple brunch menu is perfect for visiting with a friend or two, and of course, your furry bff!
It’s super healthy, vegan, paleo, and gluten-free – and it’s sure to satisfy your taste buds. I’ve also included an extra special dog treat for the pups of course!
Now how could this get any better? Great company, a cheery table, and delicious healthy food inspired by St Patrick’s Day.
Ready to shamrock and roll…?
So, what’s on the menu?
This fresh and springy menu has something for all you dog moms and your pups!
For the humans-only menu, we have a fresh and zesty drink, a light spring salad and a scrumptious little snack – coconut macaroons.
For the dog-friendly menu (in-keeping with our St Patrick’s Day green theme) you’ll find our delicious spinach and apple dog biscuits.
Everything on the menu is 100% vegan, gluten free, grain free, and contains zero refined sugars. This goes for the dog treats as well.
And for an extra festive touch, I have also created sparkly DIY place cards you can print out and add to your table. Yes, I’ve thought of everything!
St Patrick’s Day Dog Friendly Brunch
I hope this brunch leaves your taste buds happy, and your dog jumping for joy.
Coco has taste tested the treats and gives 3 out of 3 tail wags of approval!
We hope you’ll try out these yummy recipes for you and your pooch, and have a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day.
Cheers to spring!
Drink: Green Apple & Celery Twist
- 3-4 Stalks of Celery
- 3 Green Apples
- 1/4 of a Lemon
Using a juicer, place the ingredients through one by one, starting with the celery.
Pour into small glasses (fun straws optional!) and serve.
Entrée: Spring Spinach Salad
- Assortments of Sprouts
- Green Peppers
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Mangos
- Sliced Green Apples
Mix desired amount of yummy fruits and veggies in a large bowl and toss with your favorite dressing.
I used this Fresh Avocado Vinaigrette and it was delicious! Use the avocado slices as the topper for a pretty finish.
Snack: Raw Coconut-Lime & Mint Macaroons
- 2 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut
- 3/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Unrefined Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Pure Maple Syrup (or Raw Honey if not vegan)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Key Lime Juice
- Zest of Lime
- A Tiny Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 3 Fresh Mint Leaves, Finely Chopped (for garnish)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and roll them into bite size rounds.
For a garnish, sprinkle a dash of mint and lime zest on top of your macaroons.
Cover and place in freezer until firm. These hold their form and taste best when kept cold.
Dog Treat: Spinach & Green Apple Dog Biscuits
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Organic Unsalted Peanut Butter OR Almond Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Green Apple, Seeds and Core Removed
- 2 Handfuls of Baby Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Use your hands to mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and form the dough into a large ball. If too wet, add a tad more almond flour.
- Sprinkle almond flour or coconut flour on the counter to prevent from sticking, and roll the dough out flat.
- Use a dog shaped cookie cutter (or any shape you would like) to cut out the biscuits (don’t have a cookie cutter? Just use a knife and cut into bite size bars or squares. You’re pup will love them no matter the shape!)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F /200°C and bake for 25 minutes.
- Rotate the cookie sheet and bring the oven temperature down to 350°F /175°C . Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until crisp.
- Be sure to let cool completely before serving or storing in an air tight container.
- Try our DIY dog treat jars for trendy storage!
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
DIY Glitter Place Cards: St Patrick’s Day Brunch
- Twine or Ribbon
- Ink Pen
- Hole Punch
- Free Printable Place Card Template (Download Here)
- Collect some greenery from your backyard (this can be anything from leaves to clippings from a bush or pine tree. The options are endless!)
- Print and cut out your place card template.
- Write your guest’s name on the center of the card.
- Use a whole punch over the designated area.
- Dip the tip of the opposite end of your card in glue.
- Quickly dip the same tip into your glitter, shake off any loose glitter, let set until dry.
- Cut out 5 inches of ribbon or twine. Loop through the hole and tie a small knot.
- Once you have your ribbon tied, simply create a loop knot over the stem of your leaf.
- Garnish your place settings and enjoy!
Would you love more homemade dog treat recipes?
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season!
52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (doggie birthday cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!