DIY No Sew Dog Bandana
Slip on collar bandanas that will have your dog stylish AF. No sewing skills required!
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
Styling: Serena Faber Nelson
Pet lifestyle expert Serena Faber-Nelson is the founder of Pretty Fluffy. A contributor to Everyday with Rachael Ray, Modern Dog Magazine, Cesars Way and more; her modern, stylized take on DIY dog treats has seen her recipes viewed millions of times over.
Serena is the author of the go-to dog mom bible, Dog Mama, and the popular dog treat recipe book, Healthy Homemade Dog Treats.
Can I get an amen for this super easy no sew dog bandana?
While Soda has never been a dog that into fancy dress, one fail safe way to add a pop of colour has always been the good old Doggie Bandana.
But what to do if you want to make your own and your sewing skills belie the fact that you have opposable thumbs? Why you make our no sew bandana that’s what you do!
These dog bandanas are made to slip on and off your favourite collar so your dog is sure to always be in style.
Fabric scraps – at least 14 x 14 inches
Hemming Tape – from your local craft or sewing store
NO SEW DOG BANDANA INSTRUCTIONS
1. Using a marker or pencil, draw the outline of your bandana on the inside side of the fabric. The outline will resemble an open envelope. To cheat the outline draw a rectangle 10 inches wide by 5 inches high, with the bottom of the rectangle at the edge of the fabric. Then simply rule a triangle on top of your rectangle to get the bandana shape. Note: you want the excess fabric at the bottom (where you drew the rectangle) as this will later form a loop around your dog’s collar.
2. Using your drawn guidelines cut out two pieces. Ensure they are as closely identical as possible and trim where required.
3. Get each piece of fabric and fold in the edges as pictured about half an inch and iron to hold the shape.
4. Apply hemming tape to one piece over the newly folded edges. Place the second piece of fabric on top and iron in place. At this stage all the patterned fabric should be on the outside. Once ironed thoroughly your hemming tape should have joined the two fabric pieces together to form the bandana.
5. Grab your collar and gently fold the top excess material once around to form a loop. Place one last piece of hemming tape across the bandana to secure the loop and iron on.
Ta da! DIY no sew dog bandana!
- The no sew dog bandana can work on a reversible scale. Just simply use two different patterns when assembling.
- Be creative – make your own bandanas for holidays, birthdays and special occasions!
- Remember, these no sew dog bandanas are NOT designed to be super durable. Machine washing may pull apart the adhesions, so they are not a long term clothing item.
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pick of the Week
Discover the secrets behind your best friend’s behavior with this cute deck of 100 illustrated canine cards.