Dog Treat Recipes
Peanut Butter and Carob Dog Treats Recipe
These simple no bake dog treats combine a tasty trifecta of carob, peanut butter & coconut oil your pup won't be able to resist.
Copy: Katy & Shell
Photography: Katy & Shell
Katy and Shell are two style-savvy dog mums celebrating the best in pet-friendly living. A professional pet photographer and dog lifestyle writer, together they share dog-friendly inspiration, pet product reviews, dog treat recipes, expert pet advice and on-trend dog brands with discerning pet parents around the world.
Want to know a secret about carob dog treats? Promise you won’t tell though…
Ok, here it is. The truth is, we think they’re wayyy more fun to make than most other easy homemade dog treat recipes. There, we said it.
Why, you may well ask? Well, the simple answer is…carob dog treats just feel a little bit naughty!
The thing is, we’re huge chocoholics. There’s no shame in it. And, we LOVE to share everything with Ziggy and Sunny.
But as we all know, real chocolate is a big no-no for dogs. It’s toxic, and it can make your pup very sick if consumed.
But carob chocolate on the other hand? It’s completely safe for your dog to eat. Plus, it’s naturally sweet and looks just like chocolate.
All of this is very exciting, because it means we can go ahead and share our chocolate obsession with our dogs…by making a big ol’ batch of naughty-looking ‘chocolate’ dog treats (that are in fact, perfectly safe for dogs to eat!)
And what’s so great about these homemade peanut butter and carob dog treats, is that they combine a trifecta of ingredients dogs find totally irresistible: carob, peanut butter and coconut oil. Yummers.
So, if you’ve been wanting to whip up some homemade dog treats with coconut oil, or been looking for no bake dog treats with peanut butter that are easy and extra delicious (or even a peanut butter dog treats recipe without a pumpkin in sight!) we think you’re going to love this simple and scrumptious recipe.
And really, who doesn’t love no bake 3 ingredient dog treats? Easy, tasty, healthy, affordable…YES PLEASE.
No Bake Dog Treats: Peanut Butter and Carob Dog Treats Recipe
What you need:
- 1 cup organic coconut oil, divided into two half cups
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup of carob powder (or a handful of melted carob drops if you prefer)
- Dog treat silicone moulds of your choice (dog bone or paw print)
- Heat-proof bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Half fill a small-medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- In a heat-proof bowl, add the divided portion of your coconut oil with the peanut butter.
- Reduce the heat of the saucepan to low. Place the bowl over the top of the saucepan and slowly melt the coconut oil and peanut butter mixture.
- To create the layered effect like we have, half-fill your moulds with the carob liquid.
- When finished, even out the mixture in the moulds by giving them a slight tap.
- Remove any excess mixture on top of the moulds with a butter knife or spatula.
- Refrigerate until set (usually around 30 mins).
- While the first mixture is setting, repeat the process above and melt together the remaining coconut oil with the carob powder (or carob drops if using) over the stove top.
- Once the carob moulds are set, add the next layer by pouring the peanut butter liquid over the top.
- Tap moulds again to ensure the mixture is evenly spread.
- Refrigerate again until completely set before removing treats from the moulds.
Keep refrigerated or frozen. Makes 10-15 treats depending on the size of your moulds.
We hope you and your pup love them – enjoy!
Before you go…
Learn how to make carob chocolate for dogs and much more at Pretty Fluffy!
Check out our collection of carob dog treat recipes – all delicious and simple to make:
We hope you and your pup love them as much as we do!
Want more healthy homemade dog treat recipes?
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season.
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers. Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pretty Fluffy is the ultimate lifestyle destination for dog lovers.
Thank you for being part of our dog-loving community!
Pick of the Week
It's the pawfect treat for your pooch that even has their name on it.